|Rep. Kweisi Mfume (MD-7), Chairman
Rep. Jared Golden (ME-2)
Rep. Andy Kim (NJ-3)
Rep. Marie Newman (IL-3)
Rep. Troy Carter (LA-7)
Ranking Member Rep. Maria Salazar (FL-27)
Rep. Pete Stauber (MN-08)
Rep. Dan Meuser (PA-09)
Rep. Scott Fitzgerald (WI-05)
Rep. Mike Flood (NE-01)
This Subcommittee will assess the federal procurement system, including those programs designed specifically to enhance participation by small businesses in providing goods and services to the federal government. The Subcommittee will review the broad scope of opportunities available to small businesses for rebuilding and modernizing the nations’ infrastructure.
- Oversight of government-wide procurement practices and programs affecting small businesses.
- Oversight of federal procurement policies that inhibit or expand participation by small businesses in the federal contracting marketplace.
- All contracting programs established by the Small Business Act, including HUBZone, 8(a), Women-, and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Programs.
- Technical assistance provided to federal contractors and prospective contractors through SBA personnel, Offices of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, and Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.
- The SBA Surety Bond guarantee program.
- General oversight of programs available to small businesses in modernizing and strengthening the nation’s infrastructure.