|Rep. Abby Finkenauer (IA-01), Chairwoman
Rep. Jared Golden (ME-02)
Rep. Jason Crow (CO-06)
Rep. Angie Craig (MN-02)
Rep. John Joyce (R-PA), Ranking Member
Rep. Aumua Amata Coleman Radewagen (R-AS)
Rep. Trent Kelly (R-MS)
Rep. Jim Hagedorn (R-MN)
This subcommittee will address issues that enhance rural economic growth, increasing America’s energy independence and ensuring that America’s small businesses can compete effectively in a global marketplace.
- Oversight of agricultural policies.
- Oversight of environmental issues and regulations (including agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers).
- Oversight of energy issues, including expansion of domestic resources, whether they are renewable or non-renewable.
- Oversight of international trade policy with particular emphasis on agencies that provide direct assistance to small businesses, such as: the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of International Trade, the Department of Commerce’s United States Export Assistance Centers, the Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service, and the Export-Import Bank.
- Oversight of infringement of intellectual property rights by foreign competition.
- Oversight of SBA entrepreneurial development programs, including Small Business Development Centers, Women’s Business Centers, Veteran Business Outreach Centers, and SCORE.