|Rep. Jared Golden (ME-02), Chairman
Rep. Antonio Delgado (NY-19)
Ranking Member Jim Hagedorn (MN-01)
Rep. Roger Williams (TX-25)
Rep. Pete Stauber (MN-08)
Rep. Claudia Tenney (NY-22)
Rep. Maria Salazar (FL-27)
This subcommittee will address issues that enhance rural economic growth, increasing America’s energy independence and ensuring that America’s small businesses can compete effectively in a global marketplace.
- Oversight of agricultural policies.
- Oversight of environmental issues and regulations (including agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers).
- Oversight of energy issues, including expansion of domestic resources, whether they are renewable or non-renewable.
- Oversight of international trade policy with particular emphasis on agencies that provide direct assistance to small businesses, such as: the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of International Trade, the Department of Commerce’s United States Export Assistance Centers, the Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service, and the Export-Import Bank.
- Oversight of infringement of intellectual property rights by foreign competition.
- Oversight of SBA entrepreneurial development programs, including Small Business Development Centers, Women’s Business Centers, Veteran Business Outreach Centers, and SCORE.