Committee to Hold Markup of Small Business Bills
The House Small Business Committee, under the chairmanship of Rep. Sam Graves (R-MO), will conduct a markup of small business bills, including six contracting reform bills, on Wednesday, March 5.
“Creating more opportunities for small business through the federal procurement marketplace has been a priority for our Committee during the past two Congresses, and this markup is a continuation of that agenda,” said Chairman Graves. “Federal contracting is a great way to help small businesses grow and create jobs, while also bringing efficiencies and valuable cost-savings to the government. This is a win-win that ultimately benefits the taxpayer and the economy.”
During Chairman Graves’ leadership, the Committee has successfully spearheaded small business contracting legislation that has become law. The National Defense Authorization Acts of 2013 and 2014 incorporated several Committee-sponsored contracting provisions, including making the small business goals part of senior agency employee reviews and bonus discussions, preventing contracting fraud by penalizing companies that front for large businesses, and changing limitations on subcontracting to make it easier for small companies to team on larger contracts.
Bills being considered for markup:
• H.R. 4093 – Greater Opportunities for Small Business Act of 2014, sponsored by Graves
• H.R. 4094 – Contracting Data and Bundling Accountability Act of 2014, sponsored by Graves
• H.R. 2751 – Commonsense Construction Contracting Act of 2013, sponsored by Rep. Richard Hanna (R) NY)
• H.R. 2882 – Improving Opportunities for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses Act of 2013, sponsored by Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO)
• H.R. 776 – Security in Bonding Act of 2013, sponsored by Hanna
• H.R. 4121 – Small Business Development Centers Improvement Act of 2014, sponsored by Ranking Member Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY)
• H.R. 2452 – Women’s Procurement Program Equalization Act of 2013, sponsored by Velazquez
WHAT: Small Business Committee Markup of small business contracting bills
WHEN: Wednesday, March 5, 2014, 1:00 p.m. EDT
WHERE: 2360 Rayburn House Office Building